Saturday, October 18, 2008

God is AWESOME!

My husband has been laid off for many months now, and after having to fight to get unemployment, we finally did get it in August. Then last month, we were informed that his former employer was apealling the claim. If things went in favor of the employer, we would have to pay back everything we've gotten from unemployment...not good, needless to say. We paid a lawyer $200 of the total $400 upfront and got a continuance. The other night my husband got a phone call from the lawyer, saying that he would be calling him the next night to talk about our options, because the following morning was the new hearing. We know that God will always provide for our needs, but sometimes when things like this happen, you find your mind racing and thinking about the "what ifs." So the following night, the lawyer called with great news...the employer had decided to drop the claim because he didn't feel it was right! This is how God works in our life! At first, the employer had called to request a continuance, but then called back and wanted to drop the claim entirely! God promised to take care of our needs, and He certainly has! I truly can't wait to see what He has in store for us!
My class was canceled for this semester, but is rescheduled for February. There were some people who had dropped out, so at the last minute, there wasn't enough to attend. In a way, I'm a little disappointed because the money would have really helped with Christmas, but God will provide for everything we need, so it's okay.
I went with my husband to Calvary Baptist Bible College on Thursday. It was amazing. I know that is where Tony belongs and I'm so happy for him. I don't know what lies ahead for us, and I don't know what kind of preacher's wife I'll make, but I plan to let God take care of that, because without Him, I am nothing.
Well, that's all for now. God bless!

1 comment:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

God is good....and always provides. For both of us. You know what? He even provided me a friend when I needed one...and that was you :-) I love you!!