Thursday, October 23, 2008

How to be a preacher's wife 101

Okay, so my husband starts Bible College in January. Now, I have to figure out how to be a preacher's wife. I'm sure God will work a miracle in me, because a lot of times, that's what I feel it will take to make me worthy to take on this role. I'm not perfect...far from it! I don't know everything about the Bible...I learn daily. I am sometimes temperamental and in anger, I blow my lid. I get aggravated easily and sometimes let things really get to me. So with all these faults, I'm not sure how good I'm going to be at this new role. There is no course to take to teach women how to be the wife of a preacher. My husband can go to school and learn everything he needs to know about the Bible, about how to preach, counsel people, etc. But there isn't a class I can take to teach me how to be all that I need to be in order to stand by my husband's side as a preacher's wife. The only thing I can do is to try my best and depend on God to make me into what He wants me to be.

1 comment:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Thats what you need to do....Trust God. and Pray constantly. He will give you the words to say and the peace in your heart so you can be the Best Preachers Wife EVER. Love ya!!!